3 Day Nyiragongo Hiking Expeditions
3 Day Nyiragongo Hiking: Visit Virunga for one of the most breathtaking adventures in the Eastern part of Democratic Republic of Congo – Nyiragongo Trek. This expedition lasts for three days including one night stay in Gisenyi, Lake Kivu and one at the top of the Volcano.
3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking Safari- Virunga National Park
- Day 1: Kigali International Airport to Gisenyi.
- Day 2: Hiking to the summit of Nyiragongoi.
- Day 3: Descending to the bottom.
- Hiking Nyiragongo active volcano
- Optional Kigali city tour
Why Book this trip
- Trip Departs any date
- Gorilla trekking permit included
- Accommodation and meals inclusive
- Tour can be customized
- Professional guides
- Group discounts available
- Travel in a Standard 4×4 safari vehicle.
- Drinking water during trip.
Day1: Kigali – Transfer to Gisenyi
On arrival at Kigali airport, you will meet with our Safari guide and transfer up to Gisenyi for an overnight stay. Accommodation option at Discover Guest House.
Day2: Cross to DR Congo – Nyiragongo Hike.
Early in the morning, be at Goma border to cross and check in at Virunga office by 8:00am to pick your trekking permit and be briefed. This office is located in Goma border post building. After checking in, Guests are transported by Virunga foundation up to Kibati ranger post. The ascending Journey starts at 10:00am and you will reach at the top by 5:00pm. Stay in the reserved cabins at the top.
Day3: Descend Mount Nyiragongo.
After an enthralling night at top, next day at around 6:00 am you will start to descend the volcano back to Kibati. Virunga will transfer and drop-off at Goma border for your drive back to Kigali. Nyiragongo Hiking Expeditions
End of 3 Days Nyiragongo Hike
The package includes:
- Airport Pick & Drop.
- Nyiragongo Back Pack
- Transportation from & to Kigali.
- Volcano trek permit
- Transport to and from Kibati Ranger Post, one-night stay on the summit
- DRC Tourist Visa
- Porter fees
- Personal Expenses
- Personal Insurance